Benefits of a Consumer Proposal
You don’t have to continue to struggle with debt! Taking advantage of the many benefits of a consumer proposal may be the answer to your debt woes.
It is a commonly known fact that Canadians are in more debt than ever, with the average family owing more than *$20,000.
No one knows what the future holds.
Sometimes debt can creep up on us when we are not really paying attention, while other times something unexpected such as a divorce or a job loss can, in an instant, wreak financial havoc on your family.
A Consumer Proposal is a form of legal protection afforded to people who are drowning in debt.
Here are 7 major benefits of a consumer proposal:
- Collection actions and lawsuits from your unsecured creditors are stopped.
- The interest accumulating on your debt is frozen.
- In most cases your overall debt is reduced.
- You make a single, affordable, monthly payment.
- You have a fixed repayment term much like a consolidation loan.
- You can pay it off early without a penalty if you wish.
- You can rebuild your credit quickly.
Despite the fact that many different types of organizations advertise that they offer consumer proposals, consumer proposals can only be filed through a Licensed Insolvency Trustee (“LIT”). You do not need to pay an intermediary to access an LIT.
When you meet with one of our team members, we will review and discuss your entire financial situation and make recommendations to help you get out of debt, in a way that is most appropriate to your personal, individual circumstances – this may include filing a consumer proposal and the benefits that come with it.
Get Help Now